There’s such a wide array of treats that you can choose from when it comes to a sweet treat for your Valentines. There are times though that you walk up and down the aisle and you just can’t find the right treat.
How about making your own? Now, now don’t give me that look! I’ve got a a great recipe that I’ve used a lot and doesn’t need too many ingredients. It’s Brazilian Brigadeiros! To make it extra special I used Baileys Original Irish Cream baking chips from Clabber Girl Baking. Here’s what you need
This recipe will yield about 25 pieces.
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
4 ounces (bittersweet chocolate) Baileys Original Irish Cream baking chips
2 tablespoons butter
One-fourth teaspoon salt
One-half cup sprinkles of your choice
1) Heat the milk, chocolate, butter and salt in a heavy saucepan over a medium heat until the mixture thickens. Takes about 15 minutes
2) The cooking process is complete when you can see the bottom of the pan when you run the wooden spoon across the bottom of the pan
3) Let it cool for 15 minutes.
4) There’s two ways to complete this step, you can use a one inch scooper like I did, or you can grease your hands and form one inch balls.
5) From this point you can roll the chocolate balls into the sprinkles of your choice.
And there you have it!
It roughly takes about 40 minutes to create.
If I may, I can’t wait for the Baileys Original Irish Cream baking chips to hit the store shelves!
They are AMAZING!!!
Special “Thanks!” to Clabber Girl for sharing these incredible baking chips. I can’t wait to bake with them again!!
Here’s where you can find them: